I would like to share with you about my experience used Malaysia Airlines (MAS) flight company. So this was not my first experience using this airline company, but sorry to say, I think it will be my last time using this airline. I have heard so many people complaining about this airline because of the airline quite famous for their delayed or cancelled schedule and also their delayed baggage ‘services’.
And it just happened to me yesterday! I did not found my suitcase once I landed in Jakarta from Manila. So this is what happened before…
Friday, 15 December 2017
– 10.30 am (Manila time): I arrived at Ninoy International Airport Terminal 1, where Malaysia Airlines located in. I have online checked-in through their website, so I thought I just need to print my ticket there because I don’t want to put any baggage. But then the staff said that I have to put my cabin suitcase in their baggage because the weight is up to 12 kilograms. But I said “I just need one hour transfer time in KL, can you make sure that the baggage will arrive in time in Jakarta?” and she replied, “No worries, Mam. We will prioritize your baggage with the tag.” then she showed us the tag ‘HOT TRANSFER’ with a pink colour. Then finally I have to let them put my cabin suitcase in the baggage.
– 13.14 (Manila time): Our flight MH807 starts to take-off!
– 17.15 (KL time): Landed in Kuala Lumpur. I had to run once I walked out from the airplane, because my transit time is only for an hour, and it already passed around 15 minutes or so because the flight a little bit delayed. Fortunately, from KL to Jakarta it’s located at the same terminal but different a few gate numbers.
I was in a rush because actually I only have time around 25-30 minutes to finally boarding to another plane. Once I found the Gate H2, I went to the toilet first before I enter the security check.
I always have had the feeling that I really afraid my suitcase will do not have enough time to be moved to my other flight to Jakarta.
Then, yes, what I always thoughts is right.
What I always worried, it happened to me.
– 20.00 – 21.00 WIB (Jakarta time): I have safely landed at Soetta Airport, I walked a lil bit faster to go to the Autogate Immigration then to the baggage belt. The first belt baggage came with a sign ‘Priority Baggage’, so I was thinking mine will be there. After waiting for 30 minutes, I couldn’t found my suitcase, then finally I realised that the sticker baggage already changed to AirAsia. Then I checked with the airport staff, and he said, the last baggage for Malaysia Airlines is already done 15 minutes ago! And I was like, WHAAAT… There are still around 10 people (more or less) who still waiting for the bag with me, stand nearby the gate even sat in the trolley. The staff escorted us to the ‘Lost and Found’ office, where a lot of people also had the same problem with me.
Their complaints were the same. This is strange because even the airport staff already gave our suitcases with ‘HOT TRANSFER’ and ‘PRIORITY’ tags, but it did not affect anything. Why they have still left our baggage in KL?
If the reason because of short transit that we had, they might have to change and improve their service to be faster or at least put more attention to detail. Don’t blame your passengers and says it’s our risk who booked flight tickets with a very short transfer, but with their tight schedule, they have to improve their service tho.
Saturday, 16 December 2017
– 12.00 pm: I called their office which located in the Soekarno Hatta International Airport Terminal 2 D, and she said, that my suitcase still did not find yet.
– 02.00 pm: They called me back and said that my suitcase has been found and they will send it directly to my home.
After waiting for almost 7 hours, I did not receive any call from them, so I thought to call their office again. They promised to call the agent and let me know when my suitcase will be delivered.
Even finally my suitcase was arrived, around 23.00 almost midnight, but I still feel confused why this kind of thing can happen (?)
I really hope MAS will improve their services because I heard about this not only a few times, but many times, even my boss and my colleague also experienced the same with me.
Is there anyone here who also experienced the same? Share your comment down below!